Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Blending the Old with the New

As a designer, it's basically our job to be a chameleon... we may have a style that we favor more than another, but all in all we have to be able to work with it all. The modern, traditional, transitional and eclectic (even sometimes the ugly). I personally like to work with  clients pieces that they have inherited over time or through family members, it's like building a story in your home, showcasing your favorite pieces and adding a bit of sparkle (where needed)

Last month, the design firm I work for, Sarah Van Assche Interiors participated in the International Antiques Fair at the Merchandise Mart, here in Chicago. It was definitely an interesting experience. Basically we had to showcase a beautiful way to blend antiques and current pieces, in a 10'x20' "room"... and I have to say, I think we did a pretty darn good job! :)

 

The ladies of Sarah Van Assche Interiors: Megan, Sarah & myself

No comments:

Post a Comment