Thursday, March 14, 2013

Let's Talk About... Lighting!

I love so many elements of interior design, so many roles create a beautiful interior, all the different roles have to play nicely together for an interior to come together and sing! Once roll, that I find very important in interior design is lighting. Not only for functionality so you can see, but visually, it's an amazing way to add a little more of your character in your space.

As many of you know, I also love to shop local. One of my favorite lighting spots in the Tampa Bay Area is Biscayne Lighting. This great shop has been around for over 60 years. Every time I have a new project I am excited to hunt through Biscayne for the perfect pieces.

Most recently, I specified some beautiful lighting for a Hollywood Regency residence I have been designing. Take a look at these vintage show stoppers:

^^ In the entry way, I chose this unique piece, a mixture of matte metal, shiny gold and glass it brings an unexpected edginess to this chic entryway. 

^^ HELLO BEAUTIFUL! This piece is absolutely breathtaking. Reminiscent of a Vegas hotel, it really takes this Hollywood Regency family room to the next level. 

As you can see from the photos about, Biscayne Lighting offers a unique array of lighting for whatever space you may need to dress. So I thought I would take you on a little trip with me to one of my favorite local shops! 





No comments:

Post a Comment