Wednesday, May 22, 2013

What I'm Loving This Wednesday: Jonathan Adler



Those who know me won’t be very surprised by this one! If I had to describe Jonathan Adler in one word, it would be WHIMSY! I truly love his entire collection, of EVERYTHING. If you are looking for that pop of sass he is your man. I also really love how he has no fear of color and pattern. If we ever met, I feel we would be two peas in a pod! His line is my dream aesthetic. It’s got bright colors, awesome patterns and is modern with a touch of mid century and glam all in one look. Recently a friend of mine visited Jonathan Adler’s website and remarked that she was pretty sure he and I were separated at birth. 


Jonathan Adler has spent his life creating art and design projects. His early years were spent making pottery, which he sold to Barney’s and that’s when things really started to pick up. He opened his own store in 1998 and in 2001 finally began interior design projects. Since then he has continued to branch out into more categories, which can now all be found on his website: www.jonathanadler.com.  

His current collection includes pottery, pillows, lighting, furniture and all kinds of decorative home accessories as well as totes, fashion accessories and dining ware. His website also offers a gift registry and some excellent interior design tips that anyone can incorporate into their homes. There are several Jonathan Adler stores in major US and Canadian cities, but you can always shop on his website too.The pictures I have included are one example of his whimsical pottery (pair of squirrel ring boxes) and an example of his design in which he incorporated his own yellow Chinese Chippendale chairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment