Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Put a Rug Under It...

Today I stopped by my friends rug shop Al-Sahara Oriental Rugs down on Grand & Franklin, I love stopping by there to see what new treasures he has piled up and I always leave feeling inspired. Many times I feel like people don't see the value in a good rug. A rug is something that can last decades and decades, you can pass it down for generations. When people are doing complete redesigns on their space, I always emphasize starting with a beautiful rug and stemming out from there.

Image via: One Kings Lane

The above image and below image are both images of beautiful Kilim Rugs, Kilim's are my favorite of all types of rugs. I love the beautiful colors and rawness of the rugs materials. 
^^This Kilim is mine, I love the variety of colors, and it's about 40 years old or so! :)

Look at all of the stunning colors that stemmed from the area rug, Martyn Lawrence Bullard does it again, piling on colors and patterns and making it look beautiful!
Image via One Kings Lane, Martyn Lawrence Bullard

Here are some rugs that I left feeling inspired by, maybe it will inspire you too!

Love the deep pigments in this Sarok:

I find this geometric pattern very interesting in this Shiraz rug:


This Gabbih rug reminds me of mens suiting. I think it would look amazing in a masculine setting...







1 comment:

  1. Those are beautiful rugs. I really like those and I'm definitely going to have to look into those. Thanks for this. http://www.rezasruggallery.com/services.cfm

    ReplyDelete