Friday, June 8, 2012

Oh Rainy Day!

Lately, the weather has been dreary to say the least. Last weekend I landed in Chicago and this was the awesome weather I was greeted with...

Gee, thanks Chicago. 

Luckily the weather got better as the weekend progressed...
Still gray, but at least not soaking wet.

Then finally, at last... sunshine!...

I was a little mad at myself, because I wasn't armed for the rainy + cold weather that Chicago had prepared for me. All I kept thinking was "I wish I had brought my rain boots!!" (and a scarf!) 

Now, back in Florida, we are surely entering rainy season. Yesterday and today have been filled with black clouds and monsoon amounts of rain. Luckily, I have been ready to go with my trusty rain boots. As I dash around Tampa, I notice that I am the ONLY person wearing rain boots. What's up with that? We live in one of the rainiest states, but no one rocks the rubber soles. Personally, they are a life saver and I feel virtually indestructible when I wear them. I received all kinds of odd looks and comments, "Hey, ya' goin' fishin' today?" ... nope, just dressed for the wet weather that mother nature has given us. 

So I challenge you to join me and rock the rain boots. I promise you wont regret it :) 

Here are some images to get you inspired... 

I am a HUGE fan of Hunter Boots. Mine are gray, they go with everything, but I love their candy colored selections. I may just have to get another pair, maybe in the lime color...


Rain in your day? No worries here, stay dry with the boots and add in a great trench and umbrella for a classic look...


Who says you can't look glam in the rain? Tame that hair with a gracious bun, add a fun dress and pretty jewelry and you've got the look everyone wishes they had...



So put your Wellies on, and don't let the wet weather rain on your parade!





No comments:

Post a Comment