Wednesday, July 25, 2012

For the Love of Design: Hotel Allegro, Chicago: Part II

In case you missed the previous post, I recently stayed at Hotel Allegro in Chicago during my wedding weekend! The previous post was full of photos of their lobby area, that I completely fell in love with. Now that we got the common areas out of the way, let's move on to the King Suite we had!

I love that Hotel Allegro was in such an old building in Chicago, but they didn't let that hold them back when it came to modern design. They dressed the rooms with modern wallpapers, furniture with clean lines and details that make you say wow...

The color palette was very soothing, blues ranging from deep and moody to clean soft blues...
Notice the blue ceiling? Isn't that such a nice look rather than a typical white or cream ceiling? It gave a very refreshing feeling!


I am an advocate for paying attention to the details. One way to do that is through furniture hardware. I think of hardware as jewelry for the home. Aren't these knobs so jazzy along with the mirrored desk? 


The bathroom was quite beautiful as well, I loved the wallpaper they selected:


Notice they kept the pale blue ceiling throughout the space? I love that they took a traditional marbled tile and installed it in a little more modern layout, rather than your typical staggered subway look...


I am so upset with myself, I didn't take photos of the bedroom area! It had the most beautiful navy blue upholstered headboard and gorgeous table lamps. So you will just have to imagine it since I don't have the images. 

xoxo
Lisa




No comments:

Post a Comment