Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Closet Crave!

To some people, living the dream is working at their job of choice, traveling the world, being a foodie. To others, living the dream is waking up to an amazing closet. Shoes lined perfectly, sections for different attire, color and a great spot for your jewels. It's all about presentation.

Here are a few closets that I thought were knock outs for all styles of design:

This juicy ottoman in this proper closet kicks it up a notch. I love the coordinating handles on the double doors.


Glitz and Glam! You can check your image on any surface in this mirrored closet.

Dark and polished, I personally think I may have gone with a long rectangular ottoman to balance the space a bit better, however I still like this look!

You know, stunning closets aren't just for women. Men, can't you imagine picking your tie for the day in the masculine space? Everything has it's spot and its not to frilly, right to the point. 


Are you a bit more modern? Maybe you have an awkward attic space? Don't let the shape defer you from a great closet. Here is a great installation, more modern and perfectly aligned in a more challenging space. Notice they put the dresser on the opposite wall?

Here is an interesting one, this closet is an actual room used to showcase clothing, shoes and accessories! Do you have a large enough home to devote a whole room to a closet? If so, make it a show stopper, not just a storage room. 

I saved this one for last, because it's my favorite. I love the use of wallpaper, the vintage image, the entire composition is just very inviting to me. I think I would enjoy picking out my clothes every day!! 

A few things I have learned from these closets?
  • Make your hangers match, preferably and chunky natural wood, it unifies and brings it all together!
  • Don't be afraid to use color in the space!
  • Don't be afraid of the possibility of wallpaper in your closet, make it your mini castle of YOU!
  • Try to arrange your garments in an organization pattern, whatever works best for you but is pleasing to the eye at the same time. 
  • Everything doesn't have to be contained, display pieces artfully to enjoy them daily!

I hope these images have left you with some closet crave, are you already brainstorming ideas for your closet? I am!

xo}L








No comments:

Post a Comment