Tuesday, January 1, 2013

It's official, it's 2013!

... and you know what that means, it's time for Emerald to take the spotlight! Many of us know that Pantone released 2013's color of the year a few weeks ago, I was giddy with delight when they said it was Emerald. I really had my hopes up for it.


So, I have been eagerly waiting for 2013 to arrive so I can show off some of my favorite emerald things!



Mary McDonald showcases emerald in a beautiful way in this dining room. I love how much of an impact emerald has here, without being all over. 

A few years ago, when I walked into Dream Home at the Merchandise Mart, I was smacked in the face with emerald and loved every square inch of it. I swooned over the foyer design by Summer Thornton Design. I have been in love with the Malachite wallpaper she used and have been dying for a place to put it, hmmm... maybe in my new home??

To me, the above kitchen island is a bit brighter than your typical emerald green hue. However, I couldn't help but share the image, I think it's a great example of getting a little daring with color in your kitchen and I think this concept would translate well into emerald!

So what are your thoughts for 2013's color of the year? Me? I adore it. I am going to cover myself in it more so than usual!

Here's to a happy, healthy and successful 2013, now go out and paint it EMERALD!


xo}L






No comments:

Post a Comment